PLAYER ONE, READY?
In March 2018, Game Developers from all over the world converge on San Francisco for one massive week, including the inspirational Game Developers Conference (GDC), the deal-making Game Connection event, meetups, demos, parties and more…
The Hacker Exchange is to proud bring you the Gamer Exchange program, an insider’s guide to GDC week, designed for the next gen of Australian game developers, innovators and community builders.
Whether you’re looking for a publisher, investment, scouting for your next project, hustling for a job in the Valley – or just want to supercharge your network, the Gamer Exchange is here to help.
Plus, we will also work closely with you to make sure your GDC week is as productive, valuable and connection-rich as possible.
- 1:1 review of your business plan with Bevis Cheng, Angel Investor, entrepreneurship coach, and co-founder of The Hacker Exchange with 14 years experience in finance, investment and business development.
- 1:1 review of your game with Scott Nisbet, a highly networked Silicon Valley mentor, previously co-founder, Vice President of Business Development and Director of Wireless Gaming at Digital Eclipse Software, one of the largest developers of Nintendo GameBoy Games, and acquired by Backbone Entertainment, one of the largest independent video game companies in the world.
- “Networking in SIlicon Valley” coaching session
- Entry to exclusive events, parties and meetups (every night of the week!)
- Access to the Game Connection app one month in advance, so you can make connections and schedule meetings
- Personal 1:1 introductions to expand your network
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are a solo or small team of developers, ready to get to the next level
- You are building your game and already have a demo (prototype or vertical slice)
- You might be looking for:
– Your next project
- You may be based in Australia, but we are open to applications from around the world.
- We value diversity in every form, and encourage applications from all parts of our vibrant community
- GDC will take place 19-23 March 2018 at the Moscone Centre in San Francisco. It’s the world’s largest and longest-running event for the game industry, with an epic expo, expert panels and tutorials, great networking opportunities and round table discussions.
ABOUT GAME CONNECTION
- GAME CONNECTION is held from 19-21 March 2018 right around the corner from GDC.
- The original business match-making event for the games industry, you will have access to 2,700+ developers, publishers and distributors in one place, and we will have an exclusive booth for Gamer Connection participants, and you can expect to make 20-30 genuine intros/meetings during your time there.
- Unfortunately, flights and internal transfer costs are not included in the package. The trusty Skyscanner is currently showing MEL <> SFO flights for our dates at around $900-$1400 AUD.
- You will need to cover some additional food and drinks costs, although breakfast is included each day, and there will be plenty of catering provided.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are open from 12.01am Friday 26 January and close 11.59pm on Wednesday 21 February 2018.
- No application fee!
- The Hacker Exchange SF team will review and screen all applicants, and selected finalists will be interviewed between 12-21 Feb 2018.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 23 Feb 2018.
“Attending GDC in 2017 helped me take my career to the next level. I couldn’t have underestimated how important the networking aspect of GDC was, and I was very lucky to have a support group, introducing me to invaluble people, some of whom have become lifelong friends. Hacker Exchange’s program is another much needed bridge that connects gamedevs with GDC, and I wish I had their level of support while trying to organise accommodation and trying to navigate San Francisco by myself.”
Justine Colla, Community Lover/Builder
(Samurai Punk, Surprise Attack Games, Alta, Quest’s End Games, & more…)
Want to hear more about Justine’s journey, check out our full interview here