THEY WERE THE BEGINNING OF THE PAY-IT-FORWARD CULTURE, THE UNSPOKEN VALLEY CULTURE THAT BELIEVES: “I WAS HELPED WHEN I STARTED OUT AND NOW IT’S MY TURN TO HELP OTHERS.”
- Steve Blank, father of the Lean Startup movement
We believe in the power of paying it forward in business and in life, and it’s part of our core philosophy at the Hacker Exchange.
Four little words, ‘How can I help?’ can mean to world to the person sitting in front of you. We have been on the receiving end of this generosity so many times, and embrace the opportunity to do the same today.
If you have resources, experience, or just a little time, we’d love to hear from you. We’re always on the lookout for:
- Corporate and Startup mentors for students
- Collaborators and hosts for events and programs
- Door-opening and intros for our amazing alumni community of students and founders
- Sponsorship for underrepresented student and founder segments
- Support for our community causes
Email email@example.com to get involved.
Pledge 1% is an effort spearheaded by Atlassian, Rally, Salesforce and Tides to accelerate their shared vision around integrating giving back into businesses around the world. Because pledging a small portion of future success can have a huge impact on tomorrow.
To learn more or to take the pledge, please visit www.pledge1percent.org.
The Hacker Exchange is proud to be part of Pledge 1%, a global movement creating new normal where companies of all sizes integrate giving back into their culture and values.
As part of Pledge 1% The Hacker Exchange pledges to donate 1% of product, 1% of profit and 1% of employee time to causes that support education for children in less fortunate communities.
A couple of our favourites
- Save the Children Australia – These folks work hard to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services across 31 countries
- One Girl – An amazing charity on a mission to educate 1 million girls around the world, because every girl deserves the chance to go to school.
Over 1,500 companies in 40 countries have taken the Pledge and committed to give to communities around the world. The Hacker Exchange is excited to join Pledge 1%’s network of founders, entrepreneurs and companies around the globe that have committed to giving back.